Donating FAQ

Donating Frequently Asked Questions

What are the options for donating?

You can donate in two main ways:

  1. Direct Debit (taken monthly from your bank account). This can be set up online via CAF , or you can ask one of the organisers for a paper Direct Debit form to complete. Please note that on your bank statements the donations will appear only as ‘Charity Donation’, because they are processed by CAF and not by St. Matthew’s PTA directly.
  2. By credit/debit card – either one-off, or setting up a recurring monthly donation. This is done via JustGiving.

How can I check, change  or cancel a regular donation?

For JustGiving: log in to JustGiving and visit recurring donations in your Account information.

For Direct Debits via CAF: please contact us on (or contact CAF directly). If you have just set up a Direct Debit, it may take a few days to receive an initial confirmation email from CAF.

What fees are deducted?

JustGiving charge a credit card processing fee (1.9%) but nothing else is deducted from the main part of your donation. A 5% admin fee is deducted from any GiftAid claimed (not the whole donation).

JustGiving might invite you to contribute an additional amount to them to keep their platform running, but this is optional – you can set the amount to zero.

CAF charge 2% of the total.

Can I donate anonymously?


For JustGiving, just tick ‘Hide my name from public view‘ in the ‘Add a message of support’ section of the donation process. Your name will not be displayed on our JustGiving page and we do not believe JustGiving will make it available to the PTA either. (If they do, we will keep your donation confidential).

For CAF, your donation is never public. The Fund St Matthew’s fundraising administrator will be able to see some details of your donation, but we will keep this confidential.

Will you/the PTA see my credit card details?

No. Card donations are processed by JustGiving.

Can I claim GiftAid?

If you are a UK taxpayer you can add GiftAid to your donations when using the above links. Donations are made to the St Matthew’s PTA, a registered charity, which gives the money to the school. If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can claim additional Gift Aid in your tax return.

For a monthly donation, when are the payments taken?

For JustGiving regular donations, the first donation is taken immediately. Subsequent donations are taken on the day of the month you choose when setting up the donation.

For Direct Debits, you can choose during the donation process between 1st and 15th of the month. The first payment will be at least 10 days from when you set up your Direct Debit.

Can I donate by Direct Debit rather than repeating card payment?

Yes, you can do this via CAF (Charities Aid Foundation) – click here!

Who do I contact for more help or information?

Please email and we will try to help.