Donating Frequently Asked Questions
How do I donate exactly?
- Click this link: Donate with JustGiving (this link opens in a new tab, so you can refer back to these instructions)
- Choose ‘Monthly’ or ‘Single’ (one-off donation)
- Choose one of the suggested amounts (per month, if you chose Monthly), or enter your own amount.
- On the next page, login to JustGiving using Facebook, an existing JustGiving account, or use the ‘Sign up’ link near the bottom to create a new JustGiving account.
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
- If you see the ‘Your message’ page, please enter a message to encourage others to donate, but tick ‘Hide my name from public view‘ below your message to stay anonymous.
- Enter payment details.
- On the confirmation page, if you weren’t already given the chance to add a message, you can click ‘Add a message of support’ now. Don’t forget to tick ‘Hide my name from public view‘ below your message, to stay anonymous.
- Confirm your donation.
How do I know whether my donation was successful?
You should receive a confirmation email from JustGiving. For monthly donations, you will receive an email each time a payment is taken.
You can also log in to JustGiving and visit My Donations where you can generate a list of all your JustGiving donations.
Can I donate anonymously?
Yes. Just tick ‘Hide my name from public view‘ in the ‘Add a message of support’ section of the donation process. Your name will not be displayed on our JustGiving page and we do not believe JustGiving will make it available to the PTA either.
Will you/the PTA see my credit card details?
No. The donation is processed by JustGiving. We do not have access to your payment information.
Is the payment secure?
Yes. The whole donation process is handled by JustGiving using a secure connection to your browser. The fundstmatthews.com website is not involved in the donation process.
For a monthly donation, when are the payments taken?
The first donation is taken immediately. Subsequent donations are taken on the day of the month you choose when setting up the donation.
How can I check or cancel a regular donation?
Log in to JustGiving and visit recurring donations in your Account information.
Can I donate by Direct Debit rather than repeating card payment?
Not currently, but we are considering adding this capability. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like this option to be available.
Who do I contact for more help or information?
Please email email@example.com and we will try to help.